Proving that you can work flexibly at top levels in the promotions industry.
We are delighted to announce that Becky Munday has been named in the 2019 Power 50 awards: a list of 50 powerful executives in the UK – who all happen to work part-time or flexibly.
The 2019 Timewise Power 50 Awards have been compiled by the flexibility specialists Timewise (www.timewise.co.uk), following a nationwide search. The List provides a snapshot of what modern work in Britain is truly like and challenges the belief part-time work can’t mean ambitious, highly successful and senior.
Co-founders Karen Mattison MBE and Emma Stewart MBE and run the awards to champion modern day patterns of work, and role model trailblazing individuals and businesses that are forging the way for others and their employers. A fresh List has been published annually since 2012, in order to prove ‘what’s possible’ when you work part time or flexibly – and that our concept of what a part time job is, or can be, is changing. The initiative has the backing of EY, Dixons Carphone, Lloyds Banking Group and Diageo.
This year we are extremely proud to announce that Becky Munday has been honoured – working in the promotions industry, 3 days a week since 2003 to spend time with her ageing family and look after her two sons. Becky is CEO of Mando and has run the company with unparalleled success ever since taking the helm in 2001. Becky’s career achievements include:
- Turning Mando global opening offices around the world.
- First female Chairperson of the IPM for 50 years’
- Voted one of the top 50 outstanding women in the Global WPP Network and winning the Outstanding Achievement in Women in Marketing Awards
- Launching two new divisions Mando-Connect and Universal Card.
- Leading the business to cover over 3000 promotions winning over 10 industry accolades.
Becky’s warm-hearted approach gives flexibility specially to working parents who are empowered to fulfil their potential without the restrictions of the regular 9-to-5. She has also helped re-energise the promotional marketing industry and raise money for charity.
Through her support of women and parents:
- Becky named CoppaFeel! the breast cancer awareness charity as IPM’s first ever official charity, and hosted a range of awareness and fundraising activities which raised £20,000.
- Becky focussed on education to introduce new seminars and diploma; training over 5,000 young marketers in the process.
- The average Mando employee works for the company for 5-7 years and many over 15 years, paying testament to Becky’s core value of “people make the profit” with an astonishing 75% female board, she also started two divisions with part-time working mums and industry experts.
We would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate everyone named on the List and thank all our clients across Mando.
To learn more about Mando uncover the story here: Mando’s Timeline
Click here to read the featured article on Campaign.